A message from our CEO, Dani Reiss, on COVID-19
Dear Canada Goose Community –
As the COVID-19 situation continues to rapidly evolve around the world, I want to update you on some decisions we have made to ensure we are acting as responsible citizens and help slow the spread.
On behalf of our 5,000+ employees around the world, I want to express our deep gratitude to everyone who is working tirelessly on the frontlines, and our hearts go out to everyone who has been affected.
The health and wellbeing of our customers, employees and all communities, is our top priority, especially now. We are closely following the recommendations from the World Health Organization, local health agencies and governments to guide the steps we’re taking across our business. As a result, we have made the following decisions:
- We will close all stores in North America and Europe as well as our production facilities across Canada, for at least a two week period, starting on Tuesday March 17th.
- For employees who are impacted by the closures, but are not eligible for government assistance, we have established the Canada Goose Employee Support Fund, to provide financial support to our team members and their families.
- In Greater China, our stores are open and happy to welcome customers
- As always, our team is ready to serve our customers online at canadagoose.com
This situation is constantly evolving, and we are committed to continuing to support you as best as possible, while doing our part to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Thank you for being a loyal customer.
Here, you’ll find the most up-to-date information on our response to COVID-19 as this situation unfolds.
CANADA AND US
For orders placed online, the return window has been extended to 60 days from your purchase date. Please expect 1-3 additional days in transit for our domestic ground orders.
The service is carried out as usual.
Canada Goose Response Program
As part of our Response Program, we’re helping to address the urgent need facing healthcare workers in Canada with a commitment to produce scrubs and gowns at our manufacturing facilities across the country.
Building on our original commitment of 14,000 donated units of medial gear, we are ramping up production of personal protective equipment for frontline workers across Canada. At full capacity, as many as 900 of our employees will return to work to produce PPE for frontline healthcare workers across all 8 of our manufacturing facilities in Canada. Together, we’re committed to producing 60,000 gowns per week.
Our In-Store Experience
As we adjust to a new normal and reopen our stores, we’ve made changes to our retail experience to ensure we’re following every guideline and taking precautions to create a safe environment for everyone’s return.
Here are steps we’re taking:
- Daily wellness and temperature checks at the start of every shift for our Brand Ambassadors
- Updated safety protocols for Brand Ambassadors, including zoning to maintain social distancing guidelines, the mandatory use of non-medical masks, proper cleaning of hands, steaming product, and regular disinfecting of all high touch surfaces and equipment
- Occupancy limits for each store including visual markers highlighting appropriate standing distances once inside
- Hand sanitizer units available in all stores
- Payment by credit or debit card only to avoid unnecessary contact
- Updated fitting room, Cold Room usage limited to one guest at a time
Canada Goose stores open as of June 8, 2020:
- Toronto (CF Sherway Gardens)
- Toronto (Yorkdale Shopping Centre)
We’re now offering a personal shopping experience by appointment to allow for safe distancing.
To book an in-store or virtual appointment, please use our Store Locator page and call your preferred store directly.