Canada Goose Privacy and Cookies Policy
Last Updated: January 1, 2022
Categories of personal data we collect
We collect certain types of personal data from or about you throughout our interaction with you. This personal data consists of things like your name, address, contact details and online identifiers. We use this personal data for the activities we have listed in the table below, including in order for us to provide our products, for marketing, reporting purposes and investigation of complaints.
|What we collect
This category of personal data we collect about you includes:
|How we use it
We use this personal data for certain activities:
|Why we use it
We use this personal data because:
|Personal data that you give us when you make a purchase on our website or in order for us to set up and manage your account:||
|Personal data about the way you use our products and services:||
|Personal data when you communicate with us whether in person, through our website or via email, over the phone, through social media or via any other medium:||
|Personal data that we collect incidentally from other sources or public sources, including:||
It is necessary to protect the vital interests of our customers.
In addition to the above, your personal data will be processed if it is necessary on reasonable request by a law enforcement or regulatory authority, body or agency or in the defence of a legal claim. We will not delete personal data if relevant to an investigation or dispute. It will continue to be stored until those issues are fully resolved.
Automated decision making
We will make automated decisions on certain matters: we do this to decide whether we can provide our products to you based on fraud detection and creditworthiness checks. This will be informed by verification of your personal data (including by third parties). Depending on the outcome of these checks, a decision will be reached automatically as to whether we are able to provide products to you.
Failure to provide personal data
Where we need to collect your personal data under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example to provide our products to you).
How long we will keep your personal data
With regard to video surveillance, data will be deleted after one month.
Where your personal data are processed for recruitment purposes:
- If you are offered a position at Canada Goose, your personal data will be stored in your employee file while the employment contract with you is in force. You will be provided with additional information in this regard as an employee of Canada Goose.
- If you are not offered a position, and you have not consented for us to keep it longer for future job posts, data will remain blocked for the necessary period of time for the protection against potential legal or contractual actions and during the relevant statute of limitations.
For further personal data on how long we will keep your personal data, please contact our privacy officer at email@example.com.
Disclosure of your personal data
There are certain circumstances where we transfer your personal data to affiliates, contractors and to other third parties.
- We also share your personal data with certain contractors, service providers or advisors that help with our business operations (for example, order fulfilment, cloud services, fraud prevention, customer services, payment processing and marketing) and they process your personal data for us. They are always required to meet our standards on processing personal data and security. The personal data we provide them with, including your personal data, will only be provided in connection with the performance of their function;
- If we're discussing selling or transferring part or all of our business the personal data may be transferred to prospective purchasers under suitable terms as to confidentiality – or if sold, to buyers who can continue to provide products to you;
- We may also share your personal data where you have given us consent to do so or when we are otherwise required or permitted by law, for example by the Police or in defence of a legal claim.
International transfers of data
Some of the parties that collect your personal data and third parties (e.g. suppliers, service providers and affiliates) to which we may disclose your personal data may be located in countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and the United Kingdom. As a result, your personal data may be transferred to, stored and/or processed in such other countries, including on servers located in such other countries. This includes countries that offer a lower level of protection for your personal data than countries in the EEA and the United Kingdom, including the United States.
Unless you have expressly consented to the transfer of personal data, the transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or concluded in your interests or the transfer is otherwise permitted by applicable data protection laws we will only transfer your personal data to a country that is deemed to have an adequate level of protection under the applicable data protection law or otherwise where we have put in place adequate safeguards to protect the personal data. In particular where we send your personal data outside of the EEA and the United Kingdom, we shall only do so where the recipient of the personal data is subject to:
- binding corporate rules;
- standard data protection clauses approved under applicable law;
- an approved code of conduct; or
- an approved certification mechanism.
The transfer of your personal data to Canada Goose International AG, a Swiss entity, is permitted on the basis of the European Commission's decision that Switzerland provides an adequate level of protection for personal data. The transfer of your personal data to Canada Goose Inc., a Canadian entity, and our suppliers based in Canada, is permitted on the basis of the European Commission's decision that Canada provides an adequate level of protection for personal data. We also store personal data on cloud servers located in the United States. The transfer of this personal data is governed by a contract including standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, or by another approved safeguard.
Canada Goose group companies
The group of companies who could be recipients in relation to your personal data, are:
- Canada Goose Inc. – 250 Bowie Avenue, Toronto, ON M6E 4Y2
- Canada Goose US, Inc. – 251 Little Falls Drive, Wilmington, New Castle 19808 USA
- Canada Goose France Retail SAS - 14 rue Royale 75008, Paris, France et 283 rue Saint Honore 75008, Paris, France
- Canada Goose Italy Retail S.r.l. - Milan (MI) via A. Manzoni 28 CAP 20121, Italy
- Canada Goose Germany Retail GmbH - Thurn-und-Taxis-Platz 6, 60313 Frankfurt, Germany
- Canada Goose HK Limited - Shop No. 6 on Upper G/F Sunrise House, No. 27 Old Bailey Street, Hong Kong
- CG (Shanghai) Trading Co., Ltd. - Room 801-2, No. 218 Hengfeng Road, Jing’An District, Shanghai, China
- Canada Goose UK Retail Limited - Devonshire House, Mayfair Place, London, W1J 8AJ, United Kingdom
- Canada Goose Services Limited - Devonshire House, Mayfair Place, London, W1J 8AJ, United Kingdom
Cookies, web beacons, tags and other similar technologies
Our website (www.canadagoose.com) uses automatic data collection technology and services such as “cookies”, “web beacons”, “tags” and other similar technologies. A cookie is a small data file that is placed on the hard drive of your computer so that your computer will “remember” information when you visit a website. Web beacons and tags are small strings of code that are used in conjunction with a cookie and that allow us to record activity on our website. A web beacon allows us to capture certain additional types of information about a visitor's actions on a website, such as a visitor's cookie number, the time, date, duration and number of page views, a description of the page where the web beacon is placed, and details about any items that were purchased.
When you use our website, these technologies may record and collect personal data, such as information that identifies your computer, tracks your use of our website and collects certain information about you and your surfing habits. This information may include information that identifies your device, IP address, browser type and language preferences, and information about referring and exit pages and URLs, keywords, date and time, what sections of a website you visit, and other similar information concerning your use. This information is used for the purposes mentioned above and to help us serve you better by improving our website design, as well as our products, services, and promotions. We also use the technologies mentioned above to improve functionality of our website and user experience.
|Cookie Name||Data Collected||Purpose of Cookie||Duration of Storage|
|Functional Cookie||dwsecuretoken_xxxxx||Request id to avoid any high jacking of a secure session||Session|
|Functional Cookie||dwanonymous_ xxxxx||Stores the anonymous user id to retrieve the basket if a customer comes back later||6 months|
|Functional Cookie||dwsid||Stores customer session ID.||Session|
|Functional Cookie||dwcustomer_xxxxx||Stores the id of a customer registered once and requested “to be remembered”||6 months|
|Bazaarvoice||BVImplMain Site||Bazaarvoice Trackers to enable anonymous analytics & measurement reporting. Track successful order completion and send customers an invitation to submit an online review||Session|
|Cookie Name||Data Collected||Purpose of Cookie||Duration of Storage|
|Google Analytics||_ga||This cookie name is associated with Google Universal Analytics - which is a significant update to Google's more commonly used analytics service. This cookie is used to distinguishes unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is included in each page request in a site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the sites analytics reports. By default it is set to expire after 2 years, although this is customisable by website owners.||2 years|
|Demandware||dwpersonalization_xxxxx||Participation in an AB test lasting longer than a session||31 days|
|Fullstory||fs_uid||Track user behaviour/clicks on the website platform to better optimize user experience and inform site design||Session|
|Freshmarket||_session_id||Track user behaviour/clicks across site forms to better optimize user experience and form design||Session|
|CanadaGooseXX-pagevisits||Total page view counts||This cookie tracks the total page view of a customer per session to help us understand our customer better and improve site experience.||Session|
|CanadaGooseXX-pdpvisits||Total product detail page view counts||This cookie tracks the total views a customer visits per session to help us understand our customer better and improve site experience.||Session|
|Cookie Name||Data Collected||Purpose of Cookie||Duration of Storage|
|Bazaarvoice||BVImplMain Site||Stores customer ID to facilitate reviewing and posting Bazaar Voice product reviews.||Session|
|Brandify||W2GISM||Store customer country and location preference for the store locator on the website||Session|
|Size analysis||fita.sid.canadagoose||Stores the customer preference of the fit data entered from previous activities so that the site can provide quick fit / size recommendations.||Session|
If you wish to block certain cookies, you can do so in the browser you are using by following the applicable link below:
Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042?locale=en GB
Our website uses the web analytics service Google Analytics that is provided by Google, Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”. The information generated by the cookie on your use of the platform will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. We have activated the so called “IP-anonymization” which means that your IP address will be truncated within the area of the European Union or the EEA and the United Kingdom before being transferred to the United States. Only in exceptional cases the entire (ie. non-truncated) IP address will be transferred to a Google server in the US and truncated there. Google will use this information on our behalf for the purpose of evaluating your use of the platform, compiling reports on platform activity and providing other services relating to platform and internet usage. Google does not provide us with data that we may link back particularly to you. Your truncated IP address that is transferred to Google will not be associated with any other data held by Google. You may refuse accepting cookies by selecting the relevant settings of your browser. However, please note that if you do so you may not be able to use the full functionality of the platform.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, you can visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Personal data obtained through cookies, web beacons and tags may be shared with or obtained by third party service providers on our behalf in accordance with applicable laws (cf. the section immediately below). In that case, the processing of this personal data may also be subject to the privacy policies of these third parties. We therefore highly recommend that you take due account of these privacy policies when using our website.
Third-party advertising partners
We use third-party service providers to serve advertisements on our behalf across the internet. These advertising service providers may collect information about your visits to our website, and your interactions with our products and services. Such information does not include your name, address, email address or other similar personal data. Such providers may place and access their own cookies, tags, web beacons or similar technologies on your computer or device used to access the website to serve you ads or other content personalized to your interests. In addition to the information about your visits to our website, our service providers may also use the information about your visits to other websites to target advertisements for products and services available from Canada Goose.
“Do not track” signals
Unless your browser settings are configured to make your online activities and publicly available information about your online activities (such as traffic data) invisible to usage analytics tools, we do not presently have the capability to omit you from usage analytics to the extent your browser only sends us a “do not track” signals or message and does not otherwise screen you from tracking without any action on our part.
Third parties, other than our vendors (such as our website analytics provider), do not have authorization from us to track which websites you visited prior and after visiting our website. That said, we cannot control third party tracking and there may be some third party tracking over time and across third-party websites that occurs without our knowledge or consent.
If you do not wish your online activities (on our website) to be tracked, we highly recommend to change your web browser settings. For more information hereon, please refer to the ‘help’ section of your web browser.
Third party links
Our website may contain links to other websites which are not under the control of Canada Goose. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our website and to read the privacy statements of each website to which we may link that may collect personal data.
We maintain technical, physical and administrative security safeguards to protect personal data against loss and any form of unlawful processing (such as theft and unauthorized access). Any personal data you provide to us is exchanged on a secure server. Furthermore, our website is secured by SSL-encryption to protect data from unauthorized access when transferring them over the Internet.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal data including a right to access and to correct the personal data we hold on you. Some of these rights will only apply in certain circumstances however, such as the right to be forgotten or the right to request that we move your personal data to another company. For example, the right to be forgotten will not be available if there are outstanding contracts between us, if we are required by law to keep the personal data or if the personal data is relevant to a legal dispute. If you would like to exercise, or discuss, any of these rights, please contact our privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to withdraw consent: You can remove consent, where you have provided it, at any time, as well as update any of your opt-in marketing preferences by contacting us.
- Right of access: You are entitled to obtain from us details concerning the processing of your personal data and to receive a copy of the personal data we process about you (including in electronic form). Additional copies may be subject to a reasonable administrative fee.
- Right to rectification: You are entitled to have any incomplete and inaccurate personal data held by us rectified. If you have an account with our online store, you can log in and update your account personal data, including contact, billing and shipping personal data.
- Right to erasure ('to be forgotten'): In certain circumstances you are entitled to have personal data erased. If you request that we erase your personal data we shall advise you if we consider that there are on-going grounds permitting us to continue processing your personal data.
- Right to restrict processing: You can ask us to restrict the processing of personal data we hold about you in certain circumstances. We will advise you if we do not agree with your request to restrict processing and our reasons.
- Right to data portability: In certain circumstances you can ask us to help you move your personal data to other companies.
- Right to object: You are entitled to object to our collection, use of and otherwise processing of your personal data where the basis for the processing is our legitimate interests or the processing is in the public interest. You may object to processing for direct marketing purposes at any time.
Canada Goose complies with applicable laws regarding unsolicited marketing messages (e.g. ‘spam’) and will not send you such messages in contravention of such laws. Our online store allows you to sign up and expressly consent to receiving electronic communications. We will ensure that each email includes an opt-out feature and instructions on how to un-subscribe if you no longer wish to receive future e-mails from us. You may also contact us at email@example.com to stop receiving them or can unsubscribe using the link included in the e-mail. If you have not expressly opted-in to receiving electronic marketing communications, we will only communicate with you if we are otherwise entitled to do so by applicable law.
Our website is not intended for use by children under the age of 13 (except when local law provides for a different age limit) , and we do not knowingly collect personal data from such children through our website. If you are under 13 (or the age provided by local law) , please do not give us any personal data. If we learn that we have collected the personal data of such a child we will take steps to delete the personal data as soon as possible.
How to contact us - Canada Goose privacy officer
We welcome your feedback. If you have any questions about this policy please contact Canada Goose’s Chief Privacy Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, Canada Goose International AG can be contacted by mail at Canada Goose International AG Baarerstrasse 135 CH - 6300 Zug.
Canada Goose Inc can be contacted at 1-888-668-0625 and by mail at Canada Goose Inc. PO Box 61070 Eglinton & Dufferin RO, Toronto, Ontario, M6E 5B2, Canada.